A fun, new way to learn how to swim and be safe.
We have partnered with Swimming Australia to deliver students a new and effective swimming and water safety program focusing on contemporary experiential and activity-based learning, encouraging and supporting students to explore pathways into competitive and recreational lap swimming.
Implementation of this high-quality, activity-based educational program is designed to better integrate student learning outcomes into real-world settings, offering students opportunity to:
- Gain maximum participation and practice time in activities that encourage, mentor and support the learning process where they are active for most of the lesson
- Be empowered to think, discuss and decide through experiential based learning where mentoring, guidance and challenge encourages them to use and enhance their knowledge, skill and understanding
- Learn and understand essential components of personal survival and water safety elements while concurrently in addition to development of establishing strong and effective swimming technique
- Be supported by professional, qualified teachers as they progress the curriculum toward the Splash App Junior Dolphins Program.
GOSWIM Membership Benefits
$17.90 per Week Swim Program Membership*
The COOL stuff:
- Weekly lessons - Enjoy weekly swimming lessons throughout the year for 48 weeks
- Easy and affordable - With weekly payment, swimming lessons are more affordable and can be easily managed with our direct debit system
- Ongoing enrolment - Preventing the need to re-enrol each term and offering your preferred lesson time
- Year-round unrestricted access - Students have unrestricted access to aquatic areas
- Splash App - Communicate and stay in touch with your child’s progression, learning activities and outcomes
- 4-weeks FREE family swim access over summer
PLUS, 1-week holiday swim program – your choice of either Fast Track or Water Safety program.
The program is fully integrated into Swimming Australia’s Splash App to enhance parent communication. You can download the Splash App for android mobiles at Google Play store and for iPhone in the apple store.
Features of the app include:
- Parents identifying and tracking students' progress through our clearly defined pathway
- Availability of digital encouragement awards as students' progress through each stage and element of the program
- Parents access online information enhancing their knowledge and understanding of the curriculum, learning activities, learning outcomes and competency assessment criteria in student application of knowledge, skill and understanding.
The SERIOUS stuff*:
- Valid for direct debit memberships only
- 1-week holiday swim program consists of 5 x 30-minute lessons (over 5 consecutive days) at participating sites
- 1 week’s holiday swim program per new swim program member enrolment. Holiday swim program must be booked in advance and redeemed in the 2019/2020 summer season
- Admin fee may apply
- See in-centre for full terms and conditions.
Aquatic Pathways from Infants through to Junior Dolphins
Junior Dolphins is designed to encourage continued participation in aquatic activity through competitive and recreational/lap swimming. The curriculum for the program builds on the core and foundation elements in the GOSWIM program, as each skill is broken down into segmented and achievable components that streamline and refine technique and enhance the development of efficiency and endurance.
The program offers a range of levels to suit your child’s individual development and confidence in water. For a free, no obligation assessment of your child, simply contact reception on 9422 6111 and we will make a booking for you.
For infants aged 6 months to 3.5 years
- Introduces infants to water in a warm and caring atmosphere
- Emphasises bonding between parents and their children
- Develops parent and carer knowledge and understanding of aquatic environments
- Teaches parents how to care for children in an aquatic environment
For pre-schoolers aged 3.5 years to school age
- Prepares students for further aquatic experiences
- Encourage personal development and independence
- Educates children for safe practices in or near water
- Creates a supportive environment for introduction to stroke development
- Personal water safety skills
- Maximum class size of five children per class
For primary school age children
- Works towards development of a lifelong appreciation for aquatic activities
- These include stroke development, water safety, personal survival skills and aquatic sports
- Provides opportunities for progressive success to create a positive learning environment
Junior Dolphins is for kids who enjoy swimming and want to keep improving! It's a great way for your child to have fun with their friends and improve their swimming in a safe and non-competitive environment.
Junior Dolphins is for kids who have completed the Primary Levels. It focuses on fun, so your child will learn new skills and practise old ones through games, swimming and personal development activities. It suits kids who are nearing the end of thier learn to swim journey so your child can continue to learn at a pace that's right for them.
And, it's all delivered in a safe, social and non-competitive environment that they'll love being part of!
For school age children from 8-12yo
- Increases character development
- Understanding of water environments
- Water safety strategies
- Personal survival
- Increases understanding of how and why we swim
- Develops skills, strength, endurance and fitness
Have a look at our Junior Dolphins Come Try Day! Viedo HERE
Join now to, be part of something awesome!
Held during standard school terms.
Splish Splash Aqua Playgroup is a gentle introduction to the water for babies under 6 months of age.
It is conducted in the Warm Water Program Pool with parents paying a casual swim entry fee or free for WaterMarc members.
This program is a great lead into our Swimming & Water Safety Program.
*No bookings required, though sessions are capped at 15 babies with one parent in the water. Tickets for the class are available up to 1 hour before the scheduled start time.
Mondays & Fridays (Resumming for 2019 from Monday 4th February)
11am to 11.30am & 11.45am to 12.15pm
Click here for the Steps to Healthy Swimming Guide
Click here for Water Safety Information
Click here for Weekly Schedule Aug-Nov 2018
Click here for Weekly Schedule Nov 2018- Jan 2019